Students move naturally through our research-based and developmentally based early childhood programs from ages 0-6. Once they reach 7 years-old, they continue to progress in artistry and technique in the dance styles they choose to study. Below is an overview of the progression a student follows from newborn through graduation at Pure Dance Works. Click on the program names to learn more about each level.
- Dewdrop: Our cherished baby program that focuses on nurturing tiny lives as they unfold. Caregivers are supported and guided in providing stimulating experiences for their little ones. Infants begin in Kindermusik Foundations and progress through Levels 1, 2, & 3 by the time they reach pre-schoool as 3 and 4 year-olds. Kindermusik is an excellent pre-cursor to dance classes and instrument lessons.
- Sparkle: Our beloved early childhood program that focuses on enchanting moments that share the magic of movement with children aged 3-6 through the highly acclaimed Leap ‘N Learn curriculum. Intentional lesson plans foster developmental progress, and each level of accomplishment is celebrated as children move from pre-school abilities to primary level accomplishments. Class placement is based on the student’s age as of 10/1, and all classes have a twelve month age range to ensure similar developmental abilities at each level.
- Ripple: Our signature program for children ages 7-18 that prepares students for the art of performing. As students progress through the Ripple Levels, their technique and artistry are honed in ever-increasing levels of competency. Our intention in this program is to develop dancers who are well-rounded performers as we continue to protect the innocence of childhood.
Optional Programs for Ripple Level Students:
- Immerse: Our deep dive program for dedicated dancers ages 7-18 who desire a solid experience and are passionate about attaining a higher level of ability that focuses on purity of technique and quality of performance. Immerse students choose the Ballet Branch or the Broadway Branch, and take a trio of classes that are curated to provide accelerated progression. Placement is based on the student's unique interests and current Ripple Level(s). Classes are strategically scheduled to provide convenient class times for busy families.
- The Ballet Branch The Ballet Branch is for students who are thrilled by the beauty and grace of ballet. We will place students in two ballet classes per week, and they will perform with both! An elective option allows students to branch out and develop skills in another genre of their choice as well. A popular option for those in the Intermediate and Advanced levels is MCL Swirl, a blend of modern, contemporary, and lyrical styles.
- The Broadway Branch The Broadway Branch is for students who enjoy the high energy and pulsing sounds of Broadway style performances. We will place students in one jazz and one musical theatre classes per week. This combination of acting, singing, and a technique based dance class will give them a true performance edge. An elective allows students to study another genre in order to bring even more to their Broadway style performances.
- Impact: Our leadership initiative program for students ages 12 -18 who aspire to become professional dance teachers, Impact participants apprentice as classroom helpers, assistants, and eventually, student teachers, as they progress through a graduated training program designed to prepare leaders in the studio, on stage, and beyond.
A La Carte Classes For Current Or New Students