PAYMENTS MADE EASY - FULLY TRANSPARENT PRICING!
New dance parents often wonder how much it will REALLY cost to put their child in dance or music classes. No one wants to be surprised by unexpected fees. Class uniform, performance costumes, materials, rehearsal fees and performance tickets are a few of the items that almost every dancer will be required to pay in addition to tuition after they sign up for a class. This page is designed to give new parents and returning parents alike a heads up with a clear explanation of their dancer’s fees over the course of a typical dance season.
There are basically 6 things you can pay for at Pure Dance Works: Full Term Classes, Short Term Classes, Private Lessons, Apparel, an Optional Dance Convention, and Optional Performance-Related Items. This page breaks down all prices so that parents have a crystal clear understanding of required and optional costs.
FULL TERM CLASSES
Full term classes meet weekly and last the duration of the 36 week school year, from late August - mid May. Students who register by December 31 participate in a formal performance in May.
All-Inclusive Pricing For Full Term Classes
All-inclusive pricing combines typical class-related fees and packages them into consistent budgeted payments that parents can depend on for the full term. All-inclusive pricing means parents will never be surprised with variable, random fees throughout the year. You can count on your monthly payments remaining the same for the full term!
The Dance All-Inclusive Price Package Includes:
- Annual Registration Fee
- Leotard or T-shirt (Depending On Class Dress Code)*
- Performance Costume
- Rehearsal & Performance Fees
- Video File of Performance
All prices are per student per class per month. Each student will pay the “1st Class Monthly Price” for his or her first class and the “Additional Classes” price for all other classes:
|Class Length Per Week In Minutes
|1st Class Monthly Price
|Additional Class Monthly Price
|Additional Ballet Class Monthly Price (Non-Performing)
- 1st Class Monthly Price reflects all benefits that every registered full-term student receives.
- Additional Classes Monthly Price removes one-time per student items and only includes per-class items.
- Ballet students who wisely opt to take more than one class per week pay tuition only for the additional ballet class(es).
*Every class requires a specific leotard or t-shirt. Other apparel such as tights or shoes varies by class and may be purchased separately or reused from previous years. The studio keeps boxes of used shoes that current students may try on; if you find a pair that fits, they are yours!
The Kindermusik All-Inclusive Price Package Includes:
- Annual Registration Fee
- Physical Materials (Books, Instruments, Etc.)
- 36 Weeks
- 45 Minutes Per Week
- Lump Sum: The all-inclusive fees for a full term class may be paid in one lump sum with any method of payment at a 5% discount by the first day of the term. Lump sum payments after the start of the term are allowed, but are not eligible for the discount.
- Ten (10) Monthly Installments: The first payment is due at the time of registration and secures a student’s spot in class. The remaining nine (9) payments will be auto-drafted from a card on file on the first (1st) of every month, September - May, from a debit or credit card securely saved in the student’s account.
Registration never closes! As long as there is space in a class, students may enroll. Students who register after September 1 will pay their first month’s payment at the time of registration (the same as students who register prior to the beginning of the term). On the 1st of the following month auto-payments will begin for the remaining monthly payments.
SHORT TERM CLASSES
- Short term classes are any dance or adult fitness classes that do not meet for 36 weeks.
- Short term class tuition will be clearly displayed with the class name on the Classes page of the website.
- Only tuition is included in short term class prices. Any other required or optional items must be purchased separately.
- A New Student Registration Fee of $10 will be added to tuition the first time a new student enrolls in a short term class at Pure Dance Works.
- Tuition and new student registration fee (if applicable) must be paid in full at the time of registration to reserve a student’s space in class.
Registration never closes! As long as there is space in a class you can enroll. For short term classes, tuition will be pro-rated based on your enrollment date.
Private lessons may be used as needed by current students to catch-up in a group class, or students may enroll in an ongoing private class if they simply prefer private instruction. Students who are not otherwise enrolled at Pure Dance Works may also schedule private lessons for for outside events such as pageants, talent shows, weddings (ballroom), etc. We offer technical training, choreography and/or cleaning services in many styles of dance. Private students do not perform in the annual May performance.
All private lessons are scheduled and paid through the office as the schedule allows. Privates may be 30, 45 or 60 minutes long. Please contact us at email@example.com to inquire about private lessons.
Private Lesson Base Tuition:
30 Minutes: $22.50/lesson OR $90 /month
45 Minutes: $33.75/lesson OR $135/month
60 Minutes: $45.00/lesson OR $180/month
- Monthly prices indicate cost for a group of 4 weekly lessons.
- One time private lessons are paid at the front desk the day of the lesson.
- Ongoing private lessons are charged to your card on file monthly.
- Some teachers may require a higher fee for private lessons.
All classes have a required dress code. Please see the Dancewear
page for complete details. Full term classes have a stricter dress code while short term classes are more relaxed. The base leotard or t-shirt required for full term classes is included in the monthly price of class. Additional required and optional items may be purchased at the studio. Below is a sample of prices for our most popular items. Certain items of varying quality may be available at other prices (basic tap shoes vs. premium tap shoes, for instance).
- T-Shirt $20
- Leotard $20
- Tights $14
- Ballet Shoes $19
- Jazz Shoes $39
- Tap Shoes $27
- Lyrical Shoes $19
- Hip Hop Sneakers $25
All apparel prices will have 7% Indiana Sales Tax added to the retail price.
Dance Revolution Convention - Highly Recommended
Each year all dancers ages 6+ are invited to attend the Dance Revolution Convention
in Chicago in February. This exciting trip opens up a whole new world of dance to our students, inspiring and challenging them to new heights. Attendance at Dance Revolution is optional but highly recommended. Registration happens in December, and the cost for the convention is around $200 per dancer. Individual hotel and travel expenses are arranged and paid separately by parents. A weekend at Dance Revolution
makes a fabulous Christmas or birthday gift for the dancer on your list!
Performance-Related Optional Items
Each full term student’s costume and rehearsal fees are covered in their all-inclusive tuition payments. Other items related to the performance but will vary by family include:
- Tickets $12-$17, half price for 2nd show
- Photos (Per Photographer's Current Pricing) Schonephotography.com
- Flowers $6 - $20
- Performance T-Shirt $20
- Program Ads or Student Spotlight: $10 - $250
This pricing information is provided as a service to current and prospective customers in order to have a clear understanding the costs involved in a dance class experience at Pure Dance Works. Prices are subject to change, and while we do update this page as needed, prices listed here are not guaranteed. This page was last updated 6/22/18.