Pure Dance Works Enrollment Agreement
- Liability Waiver and Release
- I understand and acknowledge that my child will be engaging in activities that may result in injury. My child has been cleared by his or her personal physician to take a class or I am choosing without their recommendation to allow my child to participate. Therefore, I hereby release, waive and discharge Pure Dance Works, LLC, its owners and teachers, including any members, employees, agents, representatives and assigns of and from any and every claim, demand, action or right of action of whatever kind or nature, either in law or equity arising from or by reason of any bodily injury, personal injuries known or unknown, personal illness or property damage resulting or to result from participating in class or any other activities at the studio, or other off-site locations.
- I voluntarily assume full responsibility for any personal injury, illness, or other loss that may be sustained as a result of the participation in activities at Pure Dance Works. It is my express intent that this Waiver and Release shall bind me, the members of my family, spouse, heirs, assigns and personal representatives. I understand that when classes or events are held off-site, this waiver applies to other locations as well.
- Placement The faculty at Pure Dance Works will ensure that students are placed in classes appropriate for their developmental and ability level. Students who are enrolled in a class beyond their ability will be transferred to an appropriate class where they can develop the skills necessary for proper progression.
- Studio Rules Students must follow all studio rules as outlined in the Studio Manners document. Students must adhere to class dress code requirements, and will not be admitted to class without proper dress code. Students who do not follow studio regulations may be removed from class and may be dismissed from the studio.
- I Will Inform the Studio of Conditions That May Affect The Student In Class I agree to inform the studio of any medical, social, emotional or other condition affecting myself or my child that may relate to participation in class. I will also report any known allergies as well as any custody issues.
- Photo/Video/Audio Agreement and Release
- I agree to allow photos and/or videos of my children and myself to be used in promotional material for Pure Dance Works, LLC.
- I understand that security footage (video and audio) may be recorded in the building at any time, and therefore understand that conversations and actions in the studios should not be considered private.
- Social Media Policies
- I understand that the studio cannot police and is not responsible for photos, videos, or other content that other parents, students, etc. may post of myself or my children online while attending a class or event.
- I understand that I am responsible for what I post online, and am expected to use common courtesy and good judgment when posting photos, videos or comments of other students and staff at the studio. This includes avoiding slanderous or misleading comments, as well as taking care not to post other students’ private information such as names and locations.
- Choreography is privately owned intellectual property and may not be posted in its entirety online without written permission from the studio's director.
- Studio Correspondence I agree to be responsible for reading studio correspondence and respecting deadlines. I understand that email is the primary form of communication between the studio and parents, and I agree to read all emails in a timely manner and to keep a working email address on my account. I agree to opt-in to email communication.
- Returned Check Fee I agree to pay a $20 service charge plus any other applicable bank charges if my bank returns my check.
- WEEKLY CLASS ENROLLMENT POLICIES
- Enrollment Fee When a new student enrolls in a weekly class for the first time, a $50 Enrollment Fee is required at the time of enrollment to secure a spot in class. This is a one-time, non-refundable enrollment fee for new students only.
- Perpetual Enrollment: Regardless of the season in which a student enrolls, weekly students remain enrolled until such time as they graduate, are officially withdrawn, or dismissed.
- Priority Class Selection Parents of continuing students appreciate a hassle-free priority class selection process for special events and the upcoming season.
- Special Events Priority class selection for special events opens 2 weeks before enrollment is open to new students, providing the best opportunity to secure your child’s spot in the event.
- Upcoming Season Parents will be provided with a recommended class schedule for the upcoming season based on the student’s progress. Parents may choose to accept the class(es) suggested, or there may be alternative classes to choose from based on the student’s interests and/or the family’s schedule.
- Super Simple Monthly Class Fees Super simple monthly fees combine typical class-related expenses and package them into consistent budgeted payments that parents can depend on from month to month.
- Kindermusik | $66 / Month The Kindermusik package includes tuition, a studio t-shirt annually, new home materials each semester, and a celebration Playdate in May.
- Dance | $78 / Month (Access Dance | $60 / Month)
- Fall Season Inclusions Dancers who are enrolled for the fall season (August-May) by 12/31 will receive tuition, a class leotard or studio t-shirt annually (depending on class dress code), and the performance package which includes performance & rehearsal fees, performance costume, performance t-shirt, and a video file of the performance.
- Tights are included with costumes if required; any other undergarments required for modesty, comfort or support are not included.
- Costume alterations are not included.
- Winter/Spring/Summer Season Inclusions
- New students who enroll for classes occurring January 1 - July 31 will not perform during the current calendar year and are not eligible for the performance package. They will receive a unique inclusions package based on enrollment date.
- Continuing students taking classes in June & July will receive specific inclusions. At a minimum, all students will receive their class leotard or t-shirt annually. Please inquire for current seasonal inclusion details.
- Payment Method
- Monthly payments will be charged to the primary card on file on the 1st of each month. All accounts are required to have at least one valid form of payment saved in your secure payment profile. If additional cards are on file, they will be charged if the primary fails.
- Super simple monthly class fees may not be paid at the front desk or by mail.
- Payment Date | 1st Of Each Month
- Super simple monthly class fees are charged to your card on file beginning on the 1st of the month and will and recur perpetually on the 1st of every month.
- Fall Season payments cover 36 weeks of classes August-May and all related inclusions. Payments are divided into 10 equal installments from August 1 - May 1.
- New students enrolling August 1-31 will pay both the $50 enrollment fee and the super simple monthly class fee that is due 8/1 at the time of enrollment in order to secure a spot in class. The second monthly payment for fall season classes will be charged 9/1.
- Continuing students (those who were enrolled prior to 8/) 1 will be charged their first super simple monthly class fee for the fall season on 8/1.
- Summer Season An abbreviated summer schedule is held in June and July. All students are expected to participate in at least one eight week Summer Season class in order to maintain expected progress. Continuing pointe students must take a summer ballet class en pointe.
- Continuing students who participate in summer classes will choose an appropriate class and will be charged their regular super simple monthly class fee on June 1 & July 1.
- Pause Summer Enrollment Continuing students who wish to pause payments for June and July but continue with Fall Season classes must request to have an Enrollment Pause form emailed to you from the office. The form must be completed by May 30 in order to pause June and July payments.
- Authorization To Charge My Card I authorize Pure Dance Works, LLC, to charge my card(s) on file for my family’s monthly class payments and any other charges I request to be paid via my card(s) on file. I understand that all enrollment fees and monthly payments are non-refundable once they have been paid. The single exception is in the event that the studio alters the class schedule in such a way that the family schedule no longer allows the student to attend class. A pro-rated refund based on the date of change will be issued.
- Missed Payments If a payment transaction fails, an automated email will notify account holders that their card was unable to be charged. No fees will be charged by your bank or credit card company.
- Students may not participate in the performance unless all fees are paid prior to the dress rehearsal date.
- Students may not participate in class unless all fees on the account are paid in full within 14 days of the due date. We follow a simple 21-day timeline. In regards to Super Simple Monthly Fees, this timeline follows the days of the month. We also utilize this policy anytime we attempt to collect payment for any product or service other than Super Simple Monthly Fees.
Super Simple Monthly Fees are auto-charged to your card(s) on file beginning on the 1st of the month. We will always attempt to charge the primary card first, but if it fails, we will try to charge any other cards that may be on the account.
When a payment transaction fails for any reason, an automated email will notify the account holder that the card was unable to be charged. Account-holders should either add funds to the account or update their payment methods by following the link provided to log in to their Pure Dance Works account. Account-holders may update the payment method as needed with a valid credit or debit card. Ensuring that we can process the payment before Day 7 will avoid late fees and keep the student's enrollment status at full standing.
If we have been unable to collect payment on the 7th day, the account will incur a $15 late fee. We will send a personalized email to the account holder with a notice to make payment within seven days to keep the student’s enrollment in full standing. We will continue attempting to charge the card(s) of file.
If a balance remains on the account, the account will incur a late fee equal to 10% of the total balance, the student's enrollment status will be paused. The student may not attend class until full the account is paid in full.
We will send a personal email to the account holder with this information and an invitation to make payment within seven days to reactivate the student’s enrollment. We will continue to attempt to complete the transaction by charging the card(s) on file.
If a balance remains on the account, a reminder email will be sent to the account holder to make payment within 24 hours to avoid having the student's enrollment withdrawn. We will attempt to charge the card(s) on file again. If full payment is received, we will reinstate the student’s active enrollment status.
If a balance remains on the account, the student's enrollment will be withdrawn, and the account payment plan will be suspend. At this point, a new student may claim the withdrawn student's spot in the class. We will send a personal email to the account holder with this information along with an invitation to make the full payment to reinstate the student’s full enrollment status immediately upon receipt.
Make-Up Classes For Paused Enrollments
If a student misses class due to a paused enrollment, once the balance has been taken care of, the parent may schedule make-up classes by following the regular make-up class policy.
- Withdrawals Parents may withdraw students from classes at any time by requesting and completing the official withdrawal form. Withdrawal forms are sent via email.
- No further monthly payments will be charged to the card on file beyond the date the withdrawal form is completed.
- Once the withdrawal form has been completed, the student will be unenrolled as of the last day of the current month. Students may continue to take class through the remainder of the month if desired.
- No refunds will be issued for any monthly payments made to date.
- Make-Up Policy
- Make-Up Class Definition Make-up classes are available for weekly group classes. They are held in ongoing weekly group classes that correspond directly to the student’s own class or are similar (eg: a Beginning Jazz student may make up in Beginning/Intermediate Jazz). Make-up classes are not available for private lessons or classes that do not meet weekly.
- Optional Make-Up Classes For Occasional Absences Students who miss class for any personal reason (illness, vacation, school functions, etc.), may schedule an optional, complimentary make-up class up to 9 times per calendar year. Additional make-up classes beyond 9 will be charged at the current trial class rate.
- Studio Cancelled Classes If the studio cancels a class due to weather or a “one day holiday,” students in the affected classes will be allotted one additional complimentary make-up class per closure. Our “one day holidays” are Labor Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. The weeks of Christmas and Spring Break are not included in the 36-week term and therefore are not eligible to be scheduled as make-up classes.
- Required Make Up Classes For Excessive Absences
- If a student misses more than two consecutive classes, s/he may be required to take a complimentary make-up class if available, or a private catch up class at the current private lesson rate, for each consecutive class missed beyond two in order to continue in the class.
- If a student has excessive consecutive or random absences that have caused him or her to fall behind the class, the teacher may require private catch up lessons at the current private lesson rate in order to continue in the class and/or perform the Spring Production. This policy holds year-round, but is especially utilized February - May when classes are rehearsing for the Spring Production.
- Schedule In Advance Make-up classes must be scheduled in advance, either on the “Schedule a Make-Up” page of the website or by contacting the studio office.
- Limited Availability Make up class spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and do not have guaranteed availability. In the event that no make-up spots are available or do not fit the student’s personal availability, parents may opt to schedule a private catch up class at the current private lesson rate.
- Make-Up Class Expiration
- Make-up classes expire one month following the end of the season in which the class is held.
- Make-up classes are only open to currently enrolled students, so taking a make-up in a new season requires enrollment in that season. For example, if a student is enrolled for the fall/school year season which ends in May, make-up class options will expire in June exactly one month after the last May class date. The student must be enrolled in summer/June classes in order to take advantage of make-up classes in June.
- Prolonged Travel, Injury or Illness
- Holding Your Spot In the event that a student will miss a series of four or more consecutive classes due to a prolonged trip, injury, illness, or other life events, we will hold the student’s spot in class as long as the monthly payments may continue to be charged during the student’s absence. When the student returns, they may take regular make-up classes equal to the number of classes that they missed at no additional charge. The teacher or director may determine, however, that the student needs private catch-up lessons at the current private lesson rate in order to be fully prepared for performance. Students refusing required private catch-up classes may forfeit their spot in the performance and all related fees.
- Pausing Monthly Fees If a student with a foreseen prolonged absence of four or more consecutive classes plans to return as soon as possible, you may put a pause on your monthly payments. If your child was enrolled by 12/31 and therefore will perform in May, there will be a catch-up fee assessed for the non-tuition portion of the monthly class fee when the student returns to class. The student’s spot is not guaranteed, however; the class could reach capacity before the student’s return. No refunds will be given for payments made to date. If the spot is still open, the student may re-enroll, but will not be eligible for free make up classes for the time period s/he was absent. Private catch up lessons at the current private lesson rate may be required to prepare the student for performance. Students refusing required private catch-up classes may forfeit their spot in the performance and all related fees.
- Performance Participation
- Performance Requirement A public performance is produced by the studio at an off-site venue in May. All students enrolled as of December 31 will participate in the performance. No refunds will be issued if a student does not perform. Student accounts must be paid in full through the final May 1 payment to participate in the performance.
- Late Enrollments Students enrolling on or after January 1 will not participate in the performance until the following calendar year, but will still participate fully in class.
- Multiple Shows May Be Required
- Intermediate/Advanced classes may be required to perform in multiple shows.
- Families With Multiple Enrollments Students in multiple classes and/or siblings may perform in multiple shows. Every effort is made to place students in multiple classes and/or siblings in the same performance. It is logistically impossible, however, to do this in every instance.
- Main Roles Students who meet certain criteria may be cast in a main role in the performance. Specific policies for main role cast members will be provided to eligible students and their parents.
- Absences in April & May Students who are absent or unable to participate in class more than once during April and May will need to arrange a private catch-up lesson at the current private lesson rate, or they may need to be removed from the performance. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis, and every effort will be made by the studio to keep the student in the performance. Students who are unable to perform will receive two tickets to the performance, and no refunds will be issued.
- Rehearsal Requirements Students must attend an in-studio rehearsal and a dress rehearsal at the performance venue. Failure to participate in these mandatory rehearsals may cause students to be removed from the performance with no refunds. One missing student can disrupt these vital rehearsals for an entire class or even the entire cast.
- Tickets Audience members must purchase a ticket for the performance; tickets go on sale on or around May 1. Children under the age of 2 may sit in a lap and do not need a ticket.
- A LA CARTE "SPLASH" CLASSES Splash classes are any class that does not meet weekly. Currently, we offer Kindermusik Adventures Camp, Little Dancer Series classes and Dance! Sing! Act! Camp as Splash classes, but other Splash classes may be offered at any time.
- Registration Fees Splash class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration in order to secure a spot in the class.
- Refunds If you need to cancel your registration more than 8 days prior to the start date, you may contact the office for a refund. Cancellations for any type of Splash class made less than 7 days from the class start date will not be refunded, but will result in a 75% tuition credit that may be used towards future classes.
- Dress Code Splash classes have a more relaxed dress code than weekly classes; class-specific uniform colors and styles do not apply. Please see the Dress Code page of the website for details regarding your specific class. Though relaxed, this dress code must be followed in order for students to participate in class.
- In-Studio Performance Parents will be invited into the studio for an informal presentation of what students have learned in each Splash class.
- PRIVATE LESSONS
- Private lessons may be arranged through the office with a Pure Dance Works instructor.
- All private students must create an account with the studio via the website.
- One time lessons may be paid at the front desk. Ongoing lessons lasting 4 or more consecutive weeks will be automatically charged to a card securely saved in the student’s account. Payments must be made directly to the studio only.
- Private lesson students do not participate in the annual performance.
- All private lessons initiated through Pure Dance Works will remain under contract with the studio as long as the teacher is employed by Pure Dance Works and for the duration of his or her non-compete agreement.
- Perpetual Agreement to Terms & Conditions Your agreement to this document is perpetual as long as your child is enrolled in classes at Pure Dance Works. Enrollment is perpetual until the student graduates or is withdrawn or dismissed. The main benefit of perpetual enrollment for students in weekly classes is that we will hold a spot for your child in the upcoming season in the most appropriate class based on his or her progression. You may also choose to register for future classes simply by notifying the office of your class selection for the upcoming season, or you may make your class selection online. This agreement remains in effect for all future classes, regardless of enrollment method. To cancel your agreement to this document and all future updated versions, you must submit an official withdrawal form and remove the students on your account from all classes at Pure Dance Works.
- I understand that Pure Dance Works, LLC may change these policies at any time without notice. Any changes will be sent via email to all parents of enrolled students and be posted on the private Parent Portal portion of the website.
- I expressly agree that this Waiver and Release, as well as the other Terms and Conditions contained herein, are intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of Indiana, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding the stricken provision, continue in full force and effect.
- I understand that by enrolling in any class, I am perpetually committed to this Enrollment Agreement until such time that my child(ren) graduate, are withdrawn or dismissed.
PLEASE SAVE A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR REFERENCE, AND/OR NOTE THAT
THE CURRENT ENROLLMENT AGREEMENT CAN BE FOUND ON THE PARENT PORTAL AT WWW.PUREDANCEWORKS.COM