Pure Dance Works' COVID-19 Action Plan
As the Coronavirus pandemic evolves, we will keep you updated on this page about our plan of action.
We realize that there are many opinions on what is necessary for community and personal safety. As an organization, we feel it is our responsibility to be as cautious as possible while providing the opportunity to keep kids active and connected.
While we cannot guarantee to stop the spread of any infection, we will take precautions to minimize the spread of germs. This includes:
- Capping each class at 8-10 students depending on the room size.
- Marking social distancing spaces in the studios.
- Minimum contact classes; no holding hands or physical corrections. Small dancers requiring physical assistance will be helped as needed.
- Only allowing students and staff in the building.
- Parents of new students will be invited into the building at our front door to drop their child off at the dance room door and then exit through the back door.
- Students will be dismissed via the exterior classroom doors, which are clearly marked. Students will not be sent outside without a parent present.
- Parents may communicate with Taylor, our Welcome Concierge via text or phone at 260-632-2735.
- Parents may request an in-person appointment at the front desk via the number above.
- All adults, including staff and parents, will wear masks in the building as long as it is mandated or "recommended" in public by Indiana officials.
- As long as the Indiana mask mandate is in effect, students ages 8+ need a mask while entering and exiting the building. Dancers are allowed to store masks in their bags once they are in "exercise" mode in class.
- Using hand sanitizer on all teachers and students before and after class.
- Keeping all dancer's belongings in the studio rather than in cubbies.
- Cleaning touched surfaces with disinfecting wipes after every class (props, doorknobs, light switches, barres, etc).
If your child or anyone in your household has experienced the following symptoms in the last two weeks, we ask that you keep your child home from class:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Traffic Light System
Should Governor Holcom announce any backtracking in the Back On Track Indiana plan, we will move classes online as needed.
A traffic light system on bottom of our website will let you know what to expect each week:
- Green = In-studio
- Yellow = Check Your Email For Instructions
- Red = Online Classes